Monday, October 11, 2010

"One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving" - Paulo Coelho


Does liking someone equal to loving someone? If it is then does liking someone need a reason?

I for one am a logical and practical person. I think there has to be a reason why you like or love someone. As unromantic as it sounds, I feel like I need a reason. Feelings are fleeting. You can like a person because he or she is something new. If we go the scientific route (and various studies have proven it) biochemicals such as norepinephrine, serotonin, dopamine and oxytocin produces that feeling of love produces the sensations we feel when we are in love. Evolutionary psychology also has a different take on love. Love fades away in approximately two years because mates fulfilled their obligation when their offspring can live on their own (approximately 2 years in primates). My point? How does a relationship last? I was told a relationship lasts because you develop a bond stronger than love. You develop a friendship. It is almost like a business relationship. You give and take with your partner and everything will be successful.

Heh, I was just told I'm too logical to be a woman. meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment