Friday, October 8, 2010

Father's Office

So ever since I started Grad School I haven't really had the chance to explore new restaurants to write about. Not to mention I don't really have that much funds to spend to support my expensive hobby. But I am glad I was able to visit Father's Office again.

Father's office is a Gastropub famous for their beer selection and their Office Burger. They have two locations, one in Santa Monica and one in LA. I prefer the LA branch since it's bigger and more room to enjoy. The bartender was really friendly and very helpful. He was very knowledgeable with the different beers they served.

I haven't been back at Father's Office for almost a year and damn, the burger is still as good as I remembered. Dry-aged meat, gruyere, Maytag Blue, arugula, caramelized onions and bacon. Oh the sweet-salty combination of the onions and the bacon oh so good. The meat was medium-rare, just the way I like it and was so juicy. Oh so superb.


The sweet potato fries was up next. I think this was my favorite out of all the things we ordered. The fries was exactly the way I wanted. Nice and crispy. It had an herb and salt mixture tossed into the fries and the accompanying roasted garlic, blue cheese aioli was just the perfect dip for the fries. Oh, I was already in heaven.

Since I'm Asian, and I was with a couple of other Asians, we had to try the bone marrow dish! It came with a small caper-parsley salad that at first I thought was just decoration. This was good too. But I was not blown away.


I paired my dish with the Speckled Hen Beer, a dark beer that was creamy and light. The Hefs they had were pretty good as well. All in all my verdict for Father's Office. 5 stars. :)







1 comment:

  1. Yes! The burger was cooked just right. Hot, juicy, and flavorful. Although the burger was a hit, I do agree that the highlight was the sweet potato fries accompanied the tastey garlic aioli sauce.

    ReplyDelete